For your interest, we’ve compiled some of our esthetician’s suggestions on how to make your waxing experience that much better. Or, as we like to call it… WAXING 101.
- Give yourself time: Do not wax a day (or even hours) before something important where that area will be shown off - if you experience an adverse reaction everyone's going to know! Although our estheticians are skilled and provide the gentlest service possible, everyone is different and it is important to allow your skin time to reset itself and to calm down - especially if you've never done it before!
- If you've shaved previously: For all you shavers out there... let your hair grow out for approximately three weeks before coming for your first wax! This ensures it is long enough to have a hassle-free experience.
- Exfoliate: At least 24 hours before your appointment, gently exfoliate the area you'll be getting waxed. Avoid doing this the day of, as it can lead to excess irritation. After your appointment, wear loose, breathable clothing for 24 hours to allow your skin to breathe. Then, gently exfoliate again - we recommend either a Merben Body Brush or an Archipelago Sugar Scrub.
- Hydrate and soothe: Staying hydrated and keeping your skin moisturized will help with pre and post wax maintenance. As with exfoliation, moisturize 24 hours before your appointment, but avoid it directly before as the wax won't take as well if you have lotion on. For full pubic hydration and softening, we recommend Fur Oil. If you are prone to or experience red bumps and irriation, Fur products are perfect for you - ask your esthetician for more information!
- Prebook: Stay on a regular wax routine, generally every 4 - 6 weeks depending on how fast your hair grows. Do not shave or pick at your skin in between! If you're on a routine, your hair generally comes back finer and less frequently, naturally helping your wax last longer.
And remember what happens in the wax room, stays in the wax room!
As our guest, we know that you want to look your best. Hair, nails, brows and lashes are all outward appearing things, and thus an obvious selection. But what about other places: Your downstairs, back or chest, under arm, or arms and legs.
Whether you prefer to keep things bare and Brazillian, cleaned up, or au naturalé, we've got you covered! All of our waxing-related products are 15% off for the month of August, AND you'll earn Butter Rewards Points on them! This includes:
- Merben Dry Scrubbing Brushes: Ethically made, completely natural jute brushes help remove dead skin cells, stimulate circulation, eliminate body toxins and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Archipelago Sugar Scrubs: Archipelago Botanicals is a leading brand of luxury bath, body and aromatherapy products and their sugar scrubs use premium ingredients, including natural extracts and essential oils to invigorate and gently exfoliate for soft and supple skin.
- Fur Products: A beautiful, all natural line with three key produts: Fur Oil to soften your pubic hair; Fur Stubble Cream to soothe and soften stubble and clear pores for fewer ingrown and silky hair and skin; and Fur Ingrown Concentrate to soothe redness and irritation, and support healing from razor burn or ingrown hairs.
- I Love My Muff Products: Feminine hygiene products that provide care for down there - they are developed with a commitment to mildness, biodegradability, non-toxicity, cleansing and moisturizing ability and a luxurious feel. They offer cleaning washes, scent and cooling sprays, lotions, and cleansing wipes for when you're on the go!
If you wax, consider this a chance to aid your pre and post wax maintenance, and if you don't, we invite you to come try it out with one of our talent estheticians!
Butter loves you!